To download a copy of i-2-S3 for a FREE TRIAL, select the software download link below.
This will transfer a zip file to your PC. You should also download the user's manual. Once
you have downloaded the software and manual, follow the instructions shown below.
We recommend that you print this page to have a hardcopy checklist for the installation
CLICK HERE for i-2-S3 software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
i-2-S3 User's Guide - Release 1.11 in Adobe Acrobat
your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, CLICK HERE
Internet Install Instructions
Note: If you prefer installing the software from a hard CD, most CD burner software will
allow you to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO CD image file. If you want to take this route,
refer to the install instructions in the user's guide.
If your system is running OS release level V5R1, you cannot use the following procedure. You will
have to burn a CD using the instructions above.
To install i-2-S3 on your system from the Kisco_i2S3_115.iso file you downloaded, please follow these exact instructions.
Please note that these instructions can be used whether you are installing i-2-S3 for the very first time or if you
are upgrading an existing i-2-S3 installation.
During the install processing, a document called "Additional Documentation Topics" will print.
This includes the latest system changes and documentation since the last time the user manual
- Sign on to your System i from a PC that is configured for iSeries Access. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR. Make sure that your session is the only one
that is signed on as QSECOFR during this process.
- If you are upgrading an existing i-2-S3 installation, make sure that nobody is using i-2-S3
for the duration of the upgrade.
- Run the following command to create an IFS folder to hold the CD image file:
- Run the following command to create a virtual optical device:
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVKISCO) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TYPE(632B)
- Run the following command to create an image catalog:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DIR(kiscocd)
- From your PC, create a folder on your desktop named TEMP and move the Kisco_i2S3_115.iso
file into it.
- From your desktop, click on the iSeries Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the file from the TEMP folder on your PC desktop into the right-hand box
of the iSeries Navigator display. This will transfer these files into the folder. (Note,
you do not need to transfer the zip file.)
- Your System i location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional iSeries Access
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the command line and run the following command to load the file into the
Note: If you have installed other Kisco software or previous versions of i-2-S3, you will need to
make sure that the current i-2-S3 CD Image is the only one now active on your system. Use the WRKIMGCLG
command and check the Image Catalog named KISCOCAT to make sure there is only one entry posted.
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog entry:
- From the command line, run the following command to ready the virtual optical device:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVKISCO) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DEV(OPTVKISCO)
- From the command line, run the install process with the following command:
This will install the software on your system for your thirty day trial period.
When you have completed your evaluation of i-2-S3, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.
If you have just completed installing an upgrade of your already active license for
i-2-S3, please contact Kisco and advise them that you have updated to a new
release level. Let us know
the specific version that you have just installed so we can keep our records current about
Return to i-2-S3 Page