To download a copy of ScreenSafer/400 PDF for a FREE TRIAL or for a version upgrade, select
the software download link below. This will transfer an ISO CD image file to your PC. You should
also download the user's manual. Once you have downloaded the software and manual, follow
the instructions shown below.
We recommand that you print this page to have a hardcopy checklist for the installation
ScreenSafer/400 software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
ScreenSafer/400 User's Guide - Release 3 in Adobe Acrobat
ScreenSafer/400 User's Guide - Release 2 in Adobe Acrobat
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat
Reader, CLICK HERE
Internet Install Instructions
Note: If you prefer installing the software from a hard CD, most CD burner software will
allow you to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO CD image file. If you want to take this route,
refer to the install instructions in the user's guide.
To install the ScreenSafer/400 product on your system from the ScreenSafer_308.iso file you
downloaded, please follow these exact instructions:
Note: These instructions can be used for either a new product installation or for
a software upgrade if you already have ScreenSafer/400 installed.
- Sign on to your System i from a PC that is configured for iSeries Access. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR.
For an upgrade install, use the WRKACTJOB command and locate the QSPL subsystem. If the
ScreenSafer/400 job named SCRSFR400 is running, cancel it with the *IMMED option using option 4.
Make sure that no new users log onto your system from this point until your installation
- Run the following command to create an IFS folder to hold the CD image file:
- Run the following command to create a virtual optical device:
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVKISCO) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TYPE(632B)
- Run the following command to create an image catalog:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DIR(kiscocd)
- From your desktop, click on the iSeries Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the file from the earlier download operation into the right-hand box
of the iSeries Navigator display. This will transfer these files into the folder.
- Your System i location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional iSeries Access
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the command line and run the following command to load the file into the
- From the command line, run the following command to ready the virtual optical device:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVKISCO) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog entry:
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DEV(OPTVKISCO)
- From the command line, run the install process with the following command:
The software will now be installed and the ScreenSafer/400 menu will be displayed.
When you have completed your evaluation of ScreenSafer/400, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.