Page last updated on April 16, 2021
To download a copy of iResetMe for a FREE TRIAL, select the software download link below.
This will transfer a file to your PC. You should also download the user's manual. Once
you have downloaded the software and manual, follow the instructions shown below.
We recommend that you print this page to have a hardcopy checklist for the installation
CLICK HERE for iResetMe software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
iResetMe User's Guide - Release 4 in Adobe Acrobat
iResetMe End-User's Guide - Release 4 in Adobe Acrobat
Prior release documentation:
iResetMe User's Guide - Release 3.08 in Adobe Acrobat
iResetMe End-User's Guide - Release 3.01 in Adobe Acrobat
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader,
Internet Install Instructions
Note: If you prefer installing the software from a CD, most CD burner software will
allow you to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO CD image file. If you want to take this route,
refer to the install instructions in the user's guide.
Note: During installation processing, a new user profile named IRESETME will be created
on your system with *SECOFR class attributes. The profile will be created with no password and
in *DISABLED state for security reasons. Do not delete this profile.
To install iResetMe on your system from the iResetMe_CD_Image_405.iso file you downloaded,
please follow these exact instructions. Please note that these instructions
can be used whether you are installing iResetMe for the very first time or if you are upgrading
an existing iResetMe installation.
During the install processing, a document called "Additional Documentation Topics" will print.
This includes the latest system changes and documentation since the last time the user manual
- Sign on to your IBM i from a PC that is configured for iSeries Access. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR or another profile that has *SECOFR class. Make sure that
your session is the only one that is signed on for the profile used during this process.
- Check the following system values. They should be set as indicated here. If they are not, note the
current settings then change them to these settings:
QALWOBJRST - *ALL
QVFYOBJRST - value 3 or lower
QFRCCVNRST - value 0
Note: If you have to change any of these system values, make note of the original setting and make sure
that you set them back to the original setting immediately following this installation process.
- If you are upgrading an existing iResetMe installation, make sure that you end all iResetMe
processes, especially any HTTP server instances that may be active. You can use option #9 from the MASTER menu
to check for activity. Option #8 from that same menu will end the active server instance. Also, make sure that no
iResetMe menus are active with any display sessions.
- Run the following command to create an IFS folder to hold the CD image file:
- Run the following command to create a virtual optical device:
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVKISCO) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TYPE(632B)
- Run the following command to create an image catalog:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DIR(kiscocd)
- From your PC, create a folder on your desktop named TEMP and move the iResetMe_CD_Image_405.iso
file into it.
- From your desktop, click on the iSeries Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the file from the TEMP folder on your PC desktop into the right-hand box
of the iSeries Navigator display. This will transfer these file into the folder.
- Your System i location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional iSeries Access
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the command line and run the following command to load the file into the
Note: If you have installed other Kisco software or previous versions of iResetMe, you will need to
make sure that the current iResetMe CD Image is the only one now active on your system. Use the WRKIMGCLG
command and check the Image Catalog named KISCOCAT to make sure there is only one entry posted.
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog entry:
- From the command line, run the following command to ready the virtual optical device:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVKISCO) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DEV(OPTVKISCO)
- From the command line, run the install process with the following command:
This will install the software on your system for your thirty day trial period.
- From the command line, run the following commands:
This will reset the image catalog for future use. You can also remove any files left in the /kiscocd folder on your system.
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) OPTION(*UNLOAD)
RMVIMGCLGE IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) IMGCLGIDX(1) KEEP(*NO)
- If you have just installed iResetMe as an upgrade, review the following additional steps:
If this is a new install, please review our recommended Getting Started
sequence. When you have completed your evaluation of iResetMe, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.
Return to iResetMe Page