To download a copy of iFileUtility for a FREE TRIAL, select the
software download link below. This will transfer an ISO CD image file to your PC. You should also
download the user's manual. Once you have downloaded the software and manual, follow the
instructions shown below.
We recommend that you print this page to have a hardcopy checklist for the installation
CLICK HERE for iFileUtility software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
CLICK HERE to download user's guide in Adobe Acrobat
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, CLICK HERE
Internet Install Instructions
Note: If you prefer installing the software from a hard CD, most CD burner software will
allow you to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO CD image file. If you want to take this route,
refer to the install instructions in the user's guide.
To install iFileUtility on your system from the CD_iFileUtility_2.iso file you received via E-mail or
Website Download, please follow these exact instructions. Please note that these instructions
can be used whether you are installing iFileUtility for the very first time or if you are upgrading
an existing iFileUtility installation.
During the install processing, a document called "Additional Documentation Topics" will print.
This includes the latest system changes and documentation since the last time the user manual
- Sign on to your System i from a PC that is configured for iSeries Access. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR.
- Run the following command to create an IFS folder to hold the CD image file:
- Run the following command to create a virtual optical device:
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVKISCO) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TYPE(632B)
- Run the following command to create an image catalog:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DIR(kiscocd)
- From your PC, create a folder on your desktop named TEMP and move the CD_iFileUtility_2.iso
file into it.
- From your desktop, click on the iSeries Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the file from the TEMP folder on your PC desktop into the right-hand box
of the iSeries Navigator display. This will transfer these files into the folder.
- Your System i location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional iSeries Navigator
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the command line and run the following command to load the file into the
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog entry:
- From the command line, run the following command to ready the virtual optical device:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVKISCO) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DEV(OPTVKISCO)
- From the command line, run the install process with the following command:
This will install the software on your system for your thirty day trial period.
- To start using iFileUtility, type the following command and prompt it for parameters using
the F4 key:
or you can display the user menu for iFileUtility by keying the following command:
When you have completed your evaluation of iFileUtility, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting us and arranging payment.
Return to iFileUtility Page