iEventMonitor is system monitoring software tool for the IBM i (Power System i/iSeries/AS400) family
of computer systems.
Using iEventMonitor, users within an organization can:
- Watch any message queue on the system for important status messages.
- Receive alert messages when monitored events happen by email, text or break message.
- Respond to error messages remotely after a review of the failing job's joblog.
- Optionally call a user program when a qualifying message is received, passing details about the message to the user program.
- Watch any message queue for a specific text string or message ID in a message, regardless of message severity.
- Keep an eye on critical disc space and provide early warning if a significant change in storage is seen.
- Watch a specific job and send an alert when it ends.
- Watch for a specific job to start and send an alert when it comes active.
- Filter out messages that you prefer to ignore.
- Watch any job queue on the system and send an alert when the number of jobs waiting to start exceeds a threshold value that you set.
- Watch any output queue on the system and send an alert when the number of spool files at ready status exceeds a threshold that you set.
- Watch all jobs in an interactive subsystem for excessive CPU use which can be an indication of a runaway job.
- Monitor specific files on the system for activity such as new records added, records changed, records deleted and even
records read. Receive either detailed alerts or summary alerts.
- Monitor for security audit events, like incorrect passwords used, on your system and receive alerts when they occur.
- Capture and report the exact commands processed by a registered user profile when they are logged
onto the system.
- Watch for a specific user profile to sign on/off from any interactive session on your system. Lets you track infrequent users,
critical users, remote software providers, super users.
- Watch a job queue and issue an alert if it gets placed on Hold status.
- When an inquiry (ie: error) message is detected at a message queue and not answered within a given period of time, issue
a reminder alert that the message is still pending.
- Watch jobs for Lock Wait status (LCKW) and issue an alert if found including reminder alerts until the lock-wait is cleared.
- Watch a job for Mutex Wait status (MTXW) and issue an alert if found including reminder alerts until the status is resolved.
- Watch a network connection to another system and issue an alert when the connection reports a problem.
- Watch all remote connections to the system and issue alerts when unfamiliar IP addresses connect.
- An activity log records all alerts issued along with the full text of the alert, when the alert was issued and who it was sent to.
iEventMonitor lets you send alerts to multiple destinations or just one. You can use an email address, a user profile or a combination of both.
When a user profile is used, iEventMonitor checks to see if the user is signed on to the system and sends a break message to each location where
the user profile is active. You can send alerts by text using your cell carrier's email-to-text service.
Do you have questions about iEventMonitor? E-mail them to us:
iEventMonitor - for a single partition - Price: $595.00. Additional copies can be purchased at a discount.
iEventMonitor - for LPAR - Price: $995.00. Lets you install iEventMonitor in as many partitions as you want
on your LPAR box.
Maintenance: Free for first year of ownership. Annual fee of 15% of the purchase price
thereafter. See company policies section for
iEventMonitor is available for a FREE 30 day trial.
Place your order here for a FREE trial of