Page last updated on March 1, 2019
To download a copy of i2Pass for a FREE TRIAL, select the software download link below.
This will transfer an iso CD image file to your PC. You should also download the user's manual. Once
you have downloaded the software and manual, follow the instructions shown below.
We recommend that you print this page to have a hardcopy checklist for the installation
CLICK HERE for i2Pass software download.
After downloading the software, download the user's guide. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If
you do not have the Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to get your free copy from Adobe:
i2Pass User's Guide - Release 1.14 in Adobe Acrobat
To get your free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader,
Internet Install Instructions
Note: If you prefer installing the software from a hard CD, most CD burner software will
allow you to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO CD image file. If you want to take this route,
refer to the install instructions in the user's guide.
To install i2Pass on your system from the i2Pass_CD_Image_115.iso file you received via E-mail or
Website Download, please follow these exact instructions. Please note that these instructions
can be used whether you are installing i2Pass for the very first time or if you are upgrading
an existing i2Pass installation.
During the install processing, a document called "Additional Documentation Topics" will print.
This includes the latest system changes and documentation since the last time the user manual
- Sign on to your IBM i from a PC that is configured for iSeries Access. You must sign
on using the special IBM-supplied user profile QSECOFR. Make sure that your session is the only one
that is signed on as QSECOFR during this process.
- Check the following system values. They should be set as indicated here. If they are not, note the
current settings then change them to these settings:
QALWOBJRST - *ALL
QVFYOBJRST - value 3 or lower
QFRCCVNRST - value 0
Note: If you have to change any of these system values, make note of the original setting and make sure
that you set them back to the original setting immediately following this installation process.
- If you are upgrading an existing i2Pass installation, you should choose a time when there are no
registered users actively logging on to the product. Attempts by registered users to log on during the
upgrade install may result in a failed logon.
- Run the following command to create an IFS folder to hold the CD image file:
- Run the following command to create a virtual optical device:
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVKISCO) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TYPE(632B)
- Run the following command to create an image catalog:
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DIR(kiscocd)
- From your PC, create a folder on your desktop named TEMP and move the i2Pass_CD_Image_115.iso
file into it.
- From your desktop, click on the iSeries Navigator. When it opens, all operations here
will take place on the right side of the display box. Click on the following sequence of items
Now drag and drop the file from the TEMP folder on your PC desktop into the right-hand box
of the iSeries Navigator display. This will transfer these files into the folder.
- Your System i location
- File Systems (Note: if this does not appear, you will have to install additional iSeries Access
functions on your PC to complete this procedure.)
- Integrated File System
- Now go back to the command line and run the following command to load the file into the
Note: If you have installed other Kisco software or previous versions of i2Pass, you will need to
make sure that the current i2Pass CD Image is the only one now active on your system. Use the WRKIMGCLG
command and check the Image Catalog named KISCOCAT to make sure there is only one entry posted.
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog entry:
- From the command line, run the following command to ready the virtual optical device:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVKISCO) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
- From the command line, run the following command to load the image catalog:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(KISCOCAT) DEV(OPTVKISCO)
- From the command line, run the install process with the following command:
This will install the software on your system for your thirty day trial period.
- If you have just installed i2Pass as an upgrade, go to the INSTALL menu in library FILAUD and run
option #2. Check the installation status shown at the center of the screen to make sure that it still shows
that the software is permanently installed. If you see any other status, contact Kisco Information Systems
as the software will not function correctly until this is corrected.
When you have completed your evaluation of i2Pass, you may purchase a permanent
installation copy by contacting Kisco and arranging payment.
If you have just completed installing an upgrade of your already active license for
i2Pass, please contact Kisco and advise them that you have updated to a new
release level. Let us know
the specific version that you have just installed so we can keep our records current about
Return to i2Pass Page